Thursday, July 4, 2013

Provo Half Marathon 5/4

Have I mentioned how much I love half marathons?! I love that if by chance you don't train (which I have been having the tendency to do) I can still feel good and survive! :)  Well this last time, was my worse training .  I think I ran a total of 10 miles...for the month.  I hate running with a stroller, and it's just so hard after work to keep her in the kid care longer then she needs to.  And to top it off, we went to a graduation party the night before where I probably ate way to much burgers, hot dogs, chips, candy and desserts and then we didn't go to bed until about 12. I kept waking up ever hour thinking I was late and then at 3, Z woke up and only wanted me to put her back to bed. (We stayed the night at some friends in Provo).  So there you have it, no sleep, no train, bad eating.  And what did all that get me?  MY PR!  Yep.  I got my best time on this one, and it was pretty emotional to say the least.  I couldn't believe it.  My actual time on record was 1:49:59, but according to my watch, I ran further then what a half marathon is so maybe mytime was even better then that? not sure?  Anyway...here are my lovely pics afterwards.  Kev is such an awesome support!

 It ended at the tabernacle (or the new soon to be temple)



 Best part of Utah halfs are the endless creamies!  oh yum!

No comments: