Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Say it ain't so!

Yes, it's true...we can't even believe that our little baby Joce turned 2! Our niece, Jocelynn, had her birthday on Sunday, Oct. 4th. I still can't believe how fast time has flown by! It just seems like yesterday I was holding her and she was cuddled in a ball like this......(look at her little feet!! I think she is 2 or 3 days old here) Then just a year ago....

Opening up a present at 1 years old.And now look at this cute little thing?! I can't believe how much a toddler grows from 1 year to 2 years! I mean think about it...walking and talking in full on sentences and so much more. (This is my time to brag...) :) Jocelynn has always been super smart. My sister started showing her "baby signing times" videos and it taught her how to sign and learn words and sounds. I remember when I would watch her, it was so easy because she would just sign what she wanted. Apple? Ice Cream? Milk? More? Then she started learning more....at 14 months she recognized the letter M for McDonalds and said the sound. Then at 16 months she recognized that the stop sign was an octagon. (I know...it is?! haha jk) I remember when we went to the Mac store and I think she was only a year and a half and we were at the keyboard. I pointed to a letter or number and she said it...sounds and all. I think the best was when you asked her who the first president was and she says "Washington" or you ask her who the prophet is and she says "Monson!" Or the President now is "Obama!" I could go on and on...she never ceases to amaze me. She is just so special to her Aunt Jessie and Uncle Kev. Here's our cute little one recently. She is so funny and so full of life. Jocelynn is one of 10 (almost 11) grandkids. Jordyn and Jocelynn are the only girls and the rest are boys. She loves them so much and it's so fun to see them take care of her.
On Sunday, we watched conference at my parents house and had cake to celebrate her birthday. This Saturday she is having a "Care Bear" birthday party so it should be fun!!!

We love you so much Jocelynn! We hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

3 comments:

Whit said...

Oh, she is just precious!

Kade and Kaylee said...

How funny! My niece Jocelyn's b-day is the 8th of October and I'm having a party for her tomorrow! We are both proud aunts of really cute Jocelyn's whose birthdays are only days apart! My Joc is only turning 1 though!

jen said...

she is sooooo cute! i can't wait for olivia to turn two! it was good to see you on saturday. i wish i would have known that you were living with your mom and dad. i would have loved to see you at the shower and visited more!