Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3 more rooms to our portfolio! :)

Holy moly! Two weeks and no new posts?! What am I thinking?! Well Kev and I have been at it again...boy do we love home design! :) So we had some more rooms at my parents house to complete. Thanks mom and dad for letting us take over the upstairs! :) This first room is next to the room that I posted earlier. (It was a green room.) The next day, we actually started working on this one. This room was actually worked on back in March or April. I hadn't taken pictures for awhile, so that's why I hadn't posted anything. Plus, this room has two more things that is needed for this to be completed but I thought I would still share....here's the before....And the after! This is the "grandkids" room. My parents have 9 1/2 grandbabies. When they come over, my parents wanted a place that they could take their naps. This room gets really dark with those new curtains! Kev did the crown moulding and that looks fabulous! We love this room! Above our family picture in the middle will have vinyl writing that says, "Love is spoken here."The paint color looks different in this pic because of the bad pictures...but the blue is more like the pic above. The frames on the wall are actually all the grandkids. There are 12 frames total (for future kids..and when they have more than 12, we'll just combine pictures) That's one of the things that isn't completed...we still need to print off some pictures. Here's our most recent job. This is the upstairs guest bathroom. As stated in previous posts, my parents have lived in their place for 8 years. Everything is working great...but it just really needed some "face lifts." :) So this bathroom was our first bathroom and it was a lot of fun...BEFORE.... My super hot husband working on the faucets. Kev is just so good at all that stuff. He's never put faucets in and kind of learned as he went...but he did awesome! He just knows how to do that stuff naturally! I told him to point at the sink. haha..I love his little finger! :)AFTER! I think this room had a huge change! It was so much fun to do something different! Kev did awesome at installing the faucets, hardware, light fixture, towel racks, and even built the frame around the mirror.This final guest room at my parents house was a work of art. I'm telling you....it was harder to have a "vision" because it just looked so awkward and small. There were two huge furniture pieces in this room that my parents bought when they lived in previous homes. Both items are very good, they just didn't go in this room and they don't have anywhere else to put them. So here's part of the before....BY THE WAY...THIS COUCH IS ON SALE FOR SUPER CHEAP!! DON"T BE SHY...LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!! Here's the second item of furniture in this bedroom! It's an entertainment center/book shelves/storage unit. It's such a beautiful piece, but doesn't fit anywhere in my parents house. THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL IT SO COME ONE...COME ALL!! IT"S SOLID OAK AND SUCH A BEAUTY!!
Here's the before...after the couch was removed...

Forgive the bad picture...but the AFTER...My mom wanted a place where she could do her projects. She wanted a big desk that she could stretch her stuff out on. Sewing, grading papers, scrapbooking, wrapping presents..and so on. So we built her this 10 foot desk. It looks like it's a built in, but it's actually two night stands and a kitchen counter top.

She also wanted a place where the guests and family could sleep...hence the futon. It is the sweetest, most comfortable futon ever! :) The room was small from the beginning, so we had to figure out ways to make it look bigger than it really was. That's why we did the floating shelves and mounted the TV on the wall.
Well there you have it...3 of our most recent projects...can't wait to be asked to do another one!! :) Oh by the way...we did the bathroom and the desk room in one weekend. We started at 9pm Friday night and finished at 2am Sunday morning. (of course that's with shopping and breaks in between!) It came to about a 24 hour project!

9 comments:

The Ward Family said...

I love looking at the pics. U guys did a great job! Now when r u guys going to start your own companY?

Todd Family said...

not sure yet! i want to take more vocational classes in interior design and kev wants to take more building classes like carpentry and cabinetry (sp?). i think the real test would be doing someone other than family! than we'll see if we could start our own company!

Lisa and Mark said...

DANG! that bathroom looks amazing! mark and i love to watch fix-it shows, but in the end, i don't know if we'll have the guts!

Julia Holmes said...

Wow! We have been painting ourselves just in our house but you guys are soooo good!!! I am so impressed. I love all of the rooms. What a difference. Our next room is the nursery!!! I am not looking forward to doing the main room though :). I need to call you!

Hawaii SnapShots said...

Wow!! Once again, I am impressed. You two really have the eye for color and design, and the guts to take on any project....fabulous job on all the rooms! (love the stripes in the bedroom....)

Sheryl said...

You are surely decorating Rock stars! Love all the choices! I am gonna have to do a grandbaby room too! Love how you put the pictures up...really says "I am Loved"!

Melissa + Brett said...

Go Jess and Keven! Those seriously turned out awesome!

Rick and Kori said...

Very cool. I'm impressed! Rick said he will find out for sure for you at work tomorrow. He does work at home. We were actually looking for the job for me but they weren't hiring english speaking reservationists, only spanish so we had Rick apply instead.

Sundbergs said...

Those looks so great. You guys really do need to start your own company.