Saturday, May 26, 2012

Time Out for Women- 5/5

Well...I had to take all of these pics off my sis blog since I didn't take pics, so I'm pretty much copying her post...but for those that don't look at my sister's post...here ya go! This was actually before my Birthday.  When we were in Cali, my mom got me and Jenn and her tickets to Time Out for Women!  I've only been once before and it was SO nice to get out and get spiritually inspired again! :)  Kev watched and took care of all 3 boys and took them to baseball and ji jit zu and i took Zealynn.  I love being able to count on my husband! He was such a help!  Anyway....it was in Long Beach and I thought it was awesome!  I reflect constantly about what was talked about there.  Thanks so much Mom for giving me the chance to feel the spirit so strongly!  I love inspirational talks and music that just makes you want to be a better person.  I hope I will take what I learned and apply them to my life so I can be a better wife, daughter, sister and Mom.  It was fun to take Zealynn to our little event.  She did really good...luckily when she was fussy I could walk around with her! :)  Here are some pics during our lunch break! 





 LOVE this one!!

One of my favorite speakers was by Chris Williams.  He talked about forgiveness as a man that lost his pregnant wife, daughter, and son in a car accident caused by a teenage drunk driver.  You can see his story at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7zwQ_7q-fU.   I am so grateful for the faith of individuals like him that help share his amazing story to help others truly see what this life is about. I am so excited for his book "Let it Go" that will be coming out in August!

There were so many wonderful talks and musical numbers.  I also LOVED Hilary Weeks and a song in particular called "Stand Still"  that talks about how sometimes she just wants the time to stand still with her children.  She stated something I had never really truly thought about.  After this life we will spend eternity knowing our children as Adults.  But at this moment and these next few precious years I will know Zealynn (and all my nieces and nephews and future children) as a child.  WHAT A PRIVILEGE! I get to experience my babies grow.  I get to experience their first laugh, the first time they see a flower, the first time they take their first step, the first time they make a mistake and feel the power of the atonement and the love of our Savior.  I get to experience that! What a beautiful tender mercy from our Heavenly Father!  I know there will be challenges, but I pray I can always remember and always be grateful for my own beautiful children and all that they teach me.  I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father's beautiful plan of happiness!

1 comment:

Rick and Kori said...

I just love it when I get to hear something that really impacts me like that. I got to go to a fireside a few weeks ago that totally reenergized me like that. Its great to feel the spirit so strong when its sometimes hard to at church when you have a squirming child (or children) on your lap :)