Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Don't let this freak you out!

Okay, so I am sure you are wondering "what's going to freak me out?!" by that wonderful subject line. So first I am going to say...today was a fun experience. :) I told my brother in law, James and he said "that's bloggable material" so before I proceed...let me start off by saying...go donate blood! Seriously, it's so selfless to do it. I know I know.. you hate needles. Well so do I! Seriously, can't stand them. But donating a pint of blood to save 3 or more lives? Why would a little needle stop you? It's not like I "crave" donating blood...but I have seen how important it is..and probably some point in my life, there will be someone I know that needs someone else's blood.

So moving on to the wonderful story. At work I am in charge of the blood drive. I organize it with the local red cross and thought it would be cool to have one at work, so I've done 3 since I've worked there. We always have really good turn outs and it's always a huge success. So today, I was one of the last ones. Nothing too different, same old stuff. Answer questions, prick your finger, squeeze a ball, and so on. Well as the lady is putting in the needle, she says "you'll feel some pressure." I'm looking up at the ceiling and well...I felt more than pressure. I SAW pressure! what does that mean, you may ask? Well looking up at the ceiling and all of a sudden there flies my blood! what the?! where did it fly too? Yea, how about doing a friggin waterfall on my neck! uh?! there's a puddle of my blood chillin on my neck! Don't ask me how it dodged my white capris but thank goodness! I got some splatter on my under shirt, but nothing on the top of my shirt! So she felt bad...I tried to make her feel better so just laughed about it. But then she says, "I am just worried that's going to clot" as she's touching my arm that already had a bump on it! Who says that?! I mean, doesn't clot = bad?! ha! i know...why am I laughing? The more I think about it, the more funny it is. ha! So anyway...I feel my bag up and I am doing good. Then she's feeling up those stupid tubes! I mean really...it took her longer to fill up those tubes then that pint bag! so then I start getting hot and they bring me a cold rag. I'm laying for a bit and eventually get up to go get my goodies.

I'm talking to a co worker and then I had to put my head down because I wasn't feeling to great and started thinking about the blood spewing from my arm. All of sudden someone says "you okay?" and down I go. ha! They kept talking to me but I was in the zone...the throw up zone. Actually...I think I gagged or something...hahaha...I totally forgot about that until now! So they got me to the little cot thingy and I laid down and then I was fine. Random! It kind of reminded me when I broke my arm and had to have surgery. I was doing good...crackin jokes and then the nurses twisted my arm. Who twists an already twisted broken arm?! So down I went then....got some free OJ and I was good to go.

So the moral of this story....tell the blood lady to make sure she sticks the needle in fast or make sure you wear not so nice clothes! :) hope this didn't scare you! and yes...I will donate blood again...and so should YOU!! :)

6 comments:

Sheryl said...

You are so funny even in blood spewing tales! Glad you made it out okay!!

The Ward Family said...

I was cracking up! See that's why I won't because I've fainted twice from experiences like that. You kind of convinced me I should . . .maybe.

aprilaleman said...

Nasty! Please inform us when there are more sales like this.

Heidi said...

I have fainted twice too and got blood ALL over once...but when I woke up they just kept feeding me cookies and more cookies...so it wasnt all bad.

kamal said...

this is lovely moments of life

kamal said...

happy life